Monday, January 23, 2012

BAD MOM AWARD GOES TO........... ME!!

Have you ever forgot to get your kid something that he needs for school, and they make you feel horrible for it all the way to school?  Yeah?  Well, that's how my morning went today!!  I usually get a list of things that's needed the night before, but this time he did give it to me last Friday and of course I forgot! 

He is doing a research paper in his AP English class and gave me a list that consisted of 3x5 notecards, 4x6 notecards, paperclips, a highlighter, and a manilla enevelope.  So at 9PM on Sunday night, my son says, "Did you get my supplies that I needed for English?"  After a brief a pause of what the heck are you talking about look from me, and then a slap to my forehead with a favorite four letter of mine, I exclaim "NO!". 

So the race begins to find all the stuff needed in my house.  I start with the easy one, paper clips.  I knew I would have those laying around somewhere.  Bingo! I find a whole box in my desk!!  At this point I'm thinking " No big deal.  Who needed to go to the store for this stuff, because I am awesome and will provide!"  Next, I remember that I had bought some 3x5 cards at the beginning of the year with all the other school supplies stuff that I stock up on for the upcoming year. BOOM!  I am on a roll!! Here are you're notecards!

One would think that because I own my own business and have an office in my office that highlighters would be something logical to have, and I might add that I do have several highlighters laying around in my desk.  What I didn't know was that my 4 yr old had decided to use them all to color with and left the cap completely off or half off so that every one of them were dried out.  REALLY?  UGH!!!  So, I begin to tear apart all the junk drawers in my house.  Although, finding a car charger that I had been searching for was a delightful surprise; it wasn't helping my current needs.

Now the next two items I knew for a fact that I didn't have at home.  4x6 notecard?  Who uses 4x6 notecards???  And now, I'm questioning the teacher!  Why do they have to have two different size notecards?  Back in the day when I was in school, we only used one size!!  I have an office where I work too, so I was for sure that we could get the rest there.  I told him to go to bed, and we would swing by there on the way to school in the morning and get the rest.


We get up and leave a few minutes early.  We jump in the car and pull into my office and I run in to grab the manilla envelop and a highlighter!  WOO HOO, my awesomeness factor is rising!!  Well, the 4x6 card, whatever, I will get those later.  I jump back in the car thinking four out of the five items is not that bad!  I look at my son who had complete and utter disappointment on his face, and ask what the problem is.  "The manilla envelope doesn't have prongs on it."  Again, the look of what are you talking about shoots across my face and another four letter word of my choice, followed with "are you kidding me?" 

I give up!  I will accept the Bad Mom Award today and just be glad in the fact that I got them to school on time, dressed and fed this morning!! ;-)

Genu-WINE Linda

1 comment: